Please consider this letter as a formal request to cancel my gym membership number [xxxx]. I don’t wish to renew because [mention the reason here]. Under the current terms, I need to cancel at least [1 month] before the expiration date, so I’m still on the safe side.
What is a certified letter to cancel gym membership?
In order to cancel your contract, you may have to send a letter to your gym by way of certified mail. Certified mail provides proof that they’ve received the letter (other gyms may specifically require in-person or over the phone can cancellations, so read your contract or the gym’s website carefully).
How do you write a formal cancellation letter?
Tips for writing a cancellation letter
- Include the date of the letter along with the name and contact details of the organization.
- Also, give your complete name, your mailing address, and the subscription or membership details based on the records of the company.
How do I cancel my gym membership?
You may email us at email@example.com or contact us through the Member Area (using the email that you used during the online joining process and the unique personal identification number (PIN) that you were sent), or you may use the cancellation form at https://www.thegymgroup.com/legal/membership-agreement/.
How do I cancel my gym membership without paying a fee?
If they agree to let you out of your membership without paying a penalty, ask for a written letter of acknowledgement. If you’re thinking this all sounds like too much effort and cancelling your credit card or just taking your payment method off your account is a better solution.
Why are gym memberships so hard to cancel?
The inconvenience, of course, is the point. “Gyms are notoriously hard to quit, because most clubs do not want to allow the member to cancel their contract once they realize the hard work and commitment involved in becoming fit,” New York City attorney David Reischer recently told the Washington Post.
Why did Planet Fitness charge me $40?
According to Planet Fitness’ FAQ page on its website, in order to have access to the gym facilities, there is an annual charge of $39 that “goes towards club maintenance and upkeep.” This fee is due once a year and for a lot of people, that time of the year happened July 1, 2020.
How do I write a cancellation letter?
How to Write a Cancellation Letter
- Begin the cancellation letter with the date, the company’s name and address, and your account number.
- State politely but firmly that you want the company to cancel your account, and give them the customary 30-day notice before you expect it to become effective.
How do you write a letter to cancel a policy?
Your letter should include:
- Date of notice.
- Insurance company name and address.
- Appropriate department name and contact person.
- Insured’s name (found in the declarations page of the policy)
- Insured’s mailing address.
- Insured’s phone number.
- Policy number.
- Coverage period (on declarations page)
How do you write a letter to cancel a contract?
Cancellation Letter of a Service Contract. Sample letter
- Write in a polite tone about your decision to cancel the contract. Mention in brief about the reason for your cancellation. …
- Inform your decision to cancel the contract. …
- Provide the necessary details to the reader to identify the right contract. …
- If you are happy with the services provided to you, appreciate them.
What happens if I cancel my gym direct debit?
You will continue to owe the gym money, which they can recover in the usual ways. It will affect your credit score and they could take you to court over the unpaid fees. See if there is any way you can legitimately get out of the contract, just cancelling payments does nothing.
How long do you have to cancel a gym membership?
Some gyms allow members to get out of their contracts within three days of signing them, others within five days, and smaller gyms might be more lenient.
What happens when you freeze your gym membership?
By freezing your membership you hold your place at The Gym and avoid paying the joining fee. It will also hold the current memebrship price.
Can a gym refuse to cancel membership?
Even better, send the gym’s headquarters a registered letter requesting cancellation. As long as you’re not trying to cancel a membership before a contracted period expires, companies can’t legally ignore such a written request.
Can I stop payment on a gym membership?
If you stop paying your gym fees, the gym can deny you access to the gym. If the cancellation of services doesn’t convince you to pay your bill, the billing company has to find another way to convince you to pay. Normally, they will send you letters informing you of your delinquent account.
Can a gym sue you for not paying?
“If you refuse to pay (or never answer a request for payment), the gym will probably cancel your membership. It is unlikely that the gym itself will go through the trouble of suing you for the balance.” Hey that sounds easy, but unfortunately: “They will sell your balance to a debt collector.