A life-long athlete and competitor, Sara was born in Boston and grew up in both Marblehead, MA, and Simsbury, CT. She competed in many sports through grade school and high school until rowing became her full-time passion. This passion lead her to Princeton University, where she was recruited to row, and ultimately finished her college career as a two-time All-American athlete and captain of her team. Upon graduation, Sara declined some offers from Wall Street to follow her dream of becoming an Olympian. While traveling along the “road to London,” she earned the title of World Champion in the Women’s Four in both 2010 and 2011.
It wasn’t until after finishing fourth in the London Olympics that Sara was introduced to CrossFit. When Sara was injured in 2014, she knew she had to change the way she trained. She began a journey seeking health and peak performance, but the path that unfolded changed how she understood rowing and body movement. Sara is now bringing this holistic perspective on movement, strength, and endurance to RCFBB to help shape the Endurance program.
- BA – Psychology, Princeton University
- 2013 World Cup Silver Medalist (rowing, Women’s 8)
- 2012 Olympian (fourth place, rowing, Women’s Pair)
- 2011 World Champion (rowing, Women’s 4)
- 2010 World Champion (rowing, Women’s 4)
- 2010 Bronze at the NCAA Championship
- 2009 & 2010 DI First-Team All-American