Gino Andres Escalante Leite is one of the head coaches at Reebok CrossFit Back Bay. He has been coaching with the Back Bay team since its inception in January 2012. Gino is in charge of both the WOD and Gymnastics programming. Before that, Gino coached at CrossFit Providence for three years and was co-owner of CrossFit Newport in 2010.
Gino was not born with every athletic gift known to man. It took trial and error, hard work, and determination to excel in a demanding program like CrossFit. This grit has been one of his greatest tools in coaching, as he can relate to all individuals, from beginner to advanced, who take up CrossFit.
Before starting CrossFit, he swam for four years and was captain of the men’s swim team during his senior year of college. Gino has competed at the regional level of CrossFit with the CrossFit Newport team in 2011 and the Reebok CrossFit Back Bay teams in 2012 and 2013.
- CrossFit Mobility Certified
- CrossFit Nutrition Certified
- CrossFit Endurance Certified
- Trained with Nikita Durnev (Master of Sports, Russia)
- RKC-L1 Certified trainer
- BA – Spanish, Portuguese, Economics, UMass Dartmouth
- 2011 CrossFit Newport Regionals competitor
- 2012 Reebok CrossFit Back Bay Regionals competitor
- 2013 Reebok CrossFit Back Bay Regionals competitor