Strength classes this week
Strength classes on Monday and Wednesday are NOT being held and will resume next week. There is a class Thursday morning for those looking to sign up (it says Level 3 and 4 only but I will have work for everyone to do). Please note that the class can only accommodate those who sign up!
There will be more classes offered next week as we enter the new schedule including our basement expansion. Exciting times ahead for Back Bay Barbell and the RCFBB Strength Program! For those looking to do some additional work this week, consult the post from last week which can be found here.
Stay strong over break
Hey strength class peeps, below is a quick list of things I would like for all of you to do at some point over the holiday. This should allow you to mentally reset while staying active and keeping your bodies healthy for the start of the next strength cycle. Feel free to email me questions at firstname.lastname@example.org!
1) At least twice perform a double Tabata (16 total rounds of 20s on/10s off) of: Hollow holds alternating with Superman holds
2) Wall sits: do these as 5 sets of 60-90s holds with 45-60s rest
3) Pause squats with children (not kidding, use your kids or your nieces/nephews): Put child in question on your shoulders and hold a perfectly vertical squat for 10s then stand up quickly. Do this for 5 sets of 4-5 reps.
4) Accumulate 10 minutes of a front plank in as few sets as possible
5) AMRAP 7 minutes of: Burpees (Open season is right around the corner)
6) Pistol practice: Either build up to 50 on ea leg or practice your bottom position using a chair or railing for support
7) If you have access to a barbell/weights: Snatch or clean first pulls (depending on your normal class level) – with chest up/arched back, pull the barbell to the top of the knee without changing your back angle and hold for 3 seconds. Perform 5-6 sets of 3 reps with perfect position.
8) Strict press anything and everything focusing on active, stacked shoulder position and on preventing over-extension of the midline.
9) MOBILITY ON ALL OF THE THINGS
Going through this list or working on bits and pieces should keep you active this Holiday week and allow you to continue building the strength necessary to succeed in class. Have a wonderful holiday and I will see you all in the new year!