WOD: 5 min AMRAP of:
30 Double Unders
10 Power Snatch ( 75/55)
Rest 2 minutes
5 min AMRAP:
10 Power Snatch (135/75)
Rest 2 minutes
5 min AMRAP of:
Power Snatch (165/100)
If you cannot snatch, you can do Power Cleans at the same weight
Here we are…
The day after Christmas and things are almost back to normal. This week will still be a little nutty with all of the post-holiday cheer that still has to be done. For those of you who are in the strength classes, be sure to check out the homework that Coach Justin put up there. In the mean time, start getting ready…the Opens season is almost upon us!!!!!!!!
Stay strong over break
Hey strength class peeps, below is a quick list of things I would like for all of you to do at some point over the holiday. This should allow you to mentally reset while staying active and keeping your bodies healthy for the start of the next strength cycle. Feel free to email me questions at email@example.com!
1) At least twice perform a double Tabata (16 total rounds of 20s on/10s off) of: Hollow holds alternating with Superman holds
2) Wall sits: do these as 5 sets of 60-90s holds with 45-60s rest
3) Pause squats with children (not kidding, use your kids or your nieces/nephews): Put child in question on your shoulders and hold a perfectly vertical squat for 10s then stand up quickly. Do this for 5 sets of 4-5 reps.
4) Accumulate 10 minutes of a front plank in as few sets as possible
5) AMRAP 7 minutes of: Burpees (Open season is right around the corner)
6) Pistol practice: Either build up to 50 on ea leg or practice your bottom position using a chair or railing for support
7) If you have access to a barbell/weights: Snatch or clean first pulls (depending on your normal class level) – with chest up/arched back, pull the barbell to the top of the knee without changing your back angle and hold for 3 seconds. Perform 5-6 sets of 3 reps with perfect position.
8) Strict press anything and everything focusing on active, stacked shoulder position and on preventing over-extension of the midline.
9) MOBILITY ON ALL OF THE THINGS
Going through this list or working on bits and pieces should keep you active this Holiday week and allow you to continue building the strength necessary to succeed in class. Have a wonderful holiday and I will see you all in the new year!
WOD: Fight Gone Bad:
3 rounds of:
1 min AMRAP of:
Wall Balls (20/14)
Sumo Deadlift High Pull (75/55)
Box Jumps (20/16)
Push Press (75/55)
1 minute rest
T’was the night before Christmas and all through the box (1)
Not a creature was stirring, not even a fox .
The barbells were hung by that thing over there,
In hopes that that the members would know they were there.
The kettlebells nestled all up in that rack,
While visions of swings working out members backs.
Lauren in her ‘kerchief, and Josh in his cap,
Had just settled their brains for a long post WOD nap.
When out by the wine shop arose such a clatter,
Josh sprang from the champagne room to see what was the matter.
Away to the window he Burpee Broad Jumped like a flash,
Tore open the glass doors and for whatever reason was wearing a sash.
The lights on the hallway reflecting like snow
Gave the lustre of mid-day to the rowers below.
When, he saw something coming the gym, it approaches,
But a miniature cage, and eight tiny coaches.
With a little old driver, so lively and apparently in a back squatting cycle,
He knew in a moment it had to be Michael.
More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name!
“Now Justin! now, Bernsie! now, Gino and Erin!
On, Jessa! On, Chris! on, Jeff Wurm and Angelo…rin!
To the back of the building! to the freight elevator!
Now dash away! Dash away! Like a smooth operator!”
As weights on a barbell when they hit the hips, fly
Came Michael with goodies that would sure satisfy
So down to the basement, the coaches they ran
With the sleigh full of gym things, and Mike with his plan.
And then, in a twinkling, Josh heard down the stairs
The super-gentle-placing-on-the-floor!!!! of barbells all bare.
As he rounded the corners to make his way down,
Down the basement was Michael, making all kinds of sound.
He was dressed all in Reebok, from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all tarnished with chalk…understood.
A bundle of weights he had flung on his back,
And he looked like a peddler, just opening his pack. (weird)
His eyes, how they focused! This place had to be ready!
There is no time for roses, no time for that cherry!
His perfectly sized mouth was drawn up like a bow,
And the beard he had shaved so his face he could show.
The pen on his check list was checking away,
A new gym was forming, the Box 1 protege.
He had a broad face and a little round belly,
That shook when he laughed, like a bowlful of rock-hard-400+-Lb-deadlift-capable-jelly!
He was chubby and plump, a right jolly boss,
And Josh laughed when he saw him, as their eyes now cross!
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Soon gave Josh to know he had nothing to dread.
He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
Put some weights on a bar to do work on his jerk.
And laying his finger aside of his nose,
And giving a nod, up the freight elevator he rose!
He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they did Pull Ups all fast like a missile.
But I heard him exclaim, as he exercised out of sight,
“Enjoy the new gym, and to all a good-night!”
Now go to sleep,