Strength: 35 minutes to find:
5RM Push Press
5RM Split Jerk
5RM Shoulder Press
1: 5 min AMRAP of:
Pull Up AMRAP
2: For time:
30 Pull Ups
5 min cap
Form separates those who will Push Press and those who will Split Jerk. Enjoy the absolute sprint.
Read this entire thing! The blue prints until the Opens (either February or March)…
- We are going to be on an 8-week strength program that will rotate like this:
- Twice a week we will test max efforts (Mondays and Wednesdays)
- Once a week we will have speed work in the lifts we have tested (Fridays)
- Every 7 weeks, we will have a week off from weightlifting and we will test benchmarks. All of the big ones.
- End of October = SPOOKY
- We will continue to have Gymnastics Strength (surprise!!!) on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- The weekend workouts will still kick ass (Saturday and Sunday…just in case you were confused)
Based on your membership styles, the following are the recommendations to maximize your time at the gym:
- If you are coming 2x/week:
- Looking for more strength: Monday and Friday
- Looking for more endurance: Tuesday and Thursday
- A little bit of both: Monday and Thursday
- If you are coming 3x/week:
- Looking for more strength: Monday / Wednesday / Friday
- Looking for more endurance: Monday / Tuesday / Thursday
- Best of both worlds: Monday / Tuesday / Friday
- If you are an unlimited member:
- Your schedule should be: M-T-W-Rest Day-F.
- Tuesday and Thursday will be very similar and you may want to rotate them based on the GS
- I know all of you are coming 5x/week anyway and that will work just fine as well
- If you are doing Justin’s Strength classes:
- Come on Tuesday or Thursday and Friday based on your membership
Please note that this is a very full schedule and because we are working Barbell Strength and Speed work on M-W-F, the workouts will have to be shorter (an hour is only so long). Keep in mind that proper mobility, sleep, and diet will be paramount to succeeding.
If you have any questions about the programming please e-mail me at email@example.com. I am pumped to have you guys get into some serious weightlifting. You guys have been eternally patient and have gathered a boatload of skills and strength that will ensure that you keep PRing all the way until next year!
This will be the same post all week to make sure everyone gets it. But I do have a surprise from Eugene Mann that will keep you guys plenty busy outside of the gym.
Enjoy the week,