Strength: 100 Hollow Rocks for time
1 min AMRAP of Burpees
1 min AMRAP of Pull Ups
1 min AMRAP of Thrusters (75/55)
1 min AMRAP of Toes-to-Bars
1 min AMRAP of Box Jumps (24/20)
Outside of being perfect, I find myself being outrageously inspirational too. I have dished out advice on workouts and enlightened the minds of those seeking a higher level of fitness. This stuff is my usual material, but today is a little bit different. You see, in the last few months everyone has been consistently succeeding in their workouts…finishing on time…progressing and what not. I thought to myself that before some of you get carried away with pride and confidence, that a workout be designed with the absolute intentions of making everyone come up short. Today is your unlucky day…
- Five separate single minute sprints.
- 60 seconds to do 33 reps
- Some quick math shows that this is 1 rep for every 1.818 seconds
- Starting with Burpees just to ensure that you know that you will not be reaching 33
- Each sprint has three minutes rest between, which is just enough time for you to reload just about all of your energy
- Take all 3 minutes, you are going to need them
- Not sticking to perfect form will be a pretty bad idea
- Only perfect reps count!!!
- Feel free to collect your participation ribbon at the end of the workout
In order to be close today you will need to sprint in a fashion that normally does not happen at the gym. To come up just short of the finishing line will require ignoring the mind and letting the body go to work. Success will require that this workout be called “31” or maybe “30”. Some of you may be reading this and feel inspired that you will prove me wrong and to that I say “awww”. I infinitely encourage you to come in and prove me otherwise, but part of being perfect is knowing that I am also right.